Photographer

Photographer
Looking at Morro Bay from Cerro Alto

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness
click image for my fine art and photos

Friday, May 29, 2015

Hiking Cerro Alto with a dog

Hiking Cerro Alto with a dog

Cerro Alto a 1600 ft elevation gain accent located on highway 41 between Morro Bay and Atascadero Ca.
I love this mountain and have hiked it daily for many years . I have seen many sad situations develop
due to extreme weather , and on of the sadist situations is when dogs suffer heat strokes due to hot weather and lack of drinking water . I have seen dogs become very sick many times and on one occasion I saw a dog die of a heat stroke . Yesterday 5-28 -15 I hiked Cerro Alto with my two dogs and the weather was hot . At the park lot , the temperature was 72 degrees , however in the sun on the exposed slope of the last mile the temperature was 90 degrees ! This is very hot for most dogs . They need plenty of water !

Below is Willie  , he is not very strong and can not hike very far but as the video will show 
we have fun . He can hike the first mile , then I have to carry him . Sierra , my Shepard carries 
his water.

Below is a short clif of my dogs hiking .


Below a photo of myself carrying Willie in my pack .






  

No comments: