Photographer

Photographer
Looking at Morro Bay from Cerro Alto

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness
click image for my fine art and photos

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Old Hiking Guy

Old Guy
on the mountain
 
Marvin on the left age 87 yrs.
Almost daily I hear comments about my advanced age ( 75 yrs ) for a serious hiker . I know that these remarks are well intended as many middle age guys tell me that I am an inspiration to them and hope that they too will be as active as I am when  the reach my age . Well I now do appreciate my health and am well aware that I am blessed with old guy strength . But now I too have found inspiration in another old guy , his name is Marvin and I met him last week on Cerro Alto .
He hiked all the way to the top . Marvin is 87 years old !!
Marvin still backpacks the Sierras and this week he is backpacking Yosemite .
His pack for 4 days weighs 28 lbs. Next month he will pack into the beautiful Chocolate Lake area . The trail head for this lake is 10,000 ft. and the lakes are at 11000 ft.  That's good stuff !!
 



No comments: