Photographer

Photographer
Looking at Morro Bay from Cerro Alto

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness
click image for my fine art and photos

Sunday, February 6, 2011

night animal shots

I taught you might enjoy some night photos I took with a infra red camera in the Pozo Area . The quality is very poor but fun . The cougar shots were all far away from the camera and the jack rabbit , coyote , grey fox are close to the camera . Since I had to crop in all photos , size is deceptive . The cougars were really far from the camera but this cat is a mature animal with his back approximately 2 and 1/2 ft. high , it weighs approx . 165 lbs . I know this because I took some measurements of items in this are for comparison and used Adobe photo shop grid method to establish size .I have now seen several cougars both dead and alive in the field and now have a pretty good working knowledge of them . I have also photographed and measured dozens of cat tracks , both cougar and bob cat . The fox is a Grey Fox and is much larger than the red fox . The Coyote is large in this area about the size of a large dog .The jack rabbits are of average size and I was surprised to see them in this area as I have never seen them in the daylight here . ???? Note Golden Eagles abound in this area !!


 




































No comments: