Photographer

Photographer
Looking at Morro Bay from Cerro Alto

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness
click image for my fine art and photos

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

*Copper Canyon Native Runners







These were some of the Tarahumara men who raced our American runners in a 50 mile race . I am posting a couple of more photos . The guys hiked 40 miles from Botopilas to Urique in one day ! The race was started in the town of Urique.








In 2006 , I made a trip to the Copper Canyon with my son Luis a ultra runner . He and six other runners raced 50 miles with the natives of this canyon . This race is now fetured in a Best Selling Book " Born to Run" by Mc Dougal. More on the details later as I am now going to hike . I just wanted to post a couple of photos

No comments: