Photographer

Photographer
Looking at Morro Bay from Cerro Alto

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness
click image for my fine art and photos

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Cerro Alto

Cerro Alto  on Labor Day 2015


Cerro alto Mt . located on Hwy 41 between Morro Bay and Atascadero Ca. 
I expected this to be a busy day on the mountain and found it to be hot and quiet but 
definitely an eventful and beautiful evening . I started my hike at 5 PM and descended  the mountain at sunset exiting at dark with a lamp lighted .
I met only two hikers and they were at the summit , My dog Sierra loved them .
Two young school teachers from south county SLO
They will introduce themselves in the short video below .




video Introduction below



upon descending the mountain I enjoyed beautiful sunset images .





I am also including a couple of shots I enjoyed today 
The bear scat here is a berry shown with my finger pointing at same .
Near the top and after sunset Sierra stopped me on the trail and started growling and barking 
as she does when she encounters a predator animal . sure enough , I looked up 
in time to see the rear end of a bear running away into the bushes , a scare , yes but 
always a welcome experience !





No comments: