Photographer

Photographer
Looking at Morro Bay from Cerro Alto

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness
click image for my fine art and photos

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hiking and Health


For those of you who ask me how mountain  hiking has effected me  at my age ,
I offer the below news link .



The below link is an Atascadero news article about yours truly , I hope it benefits some of you older athletes . This article is one of two articles published in this paper in 2012 , they were complete with large wilderness photos .

http://www.atascaderonews.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=73&story_id=5451
 
 
 
To further inform you senior athletes , I am adding some info the article did not mention , I am 73 years of age , will be 74 this year . I have been injured several times in my life that required hospitalization and therapy . I have had back surgery .
Currently I hike 6 to ten miles daily and occasionally 15 to 18 miles . I hike rain or shine , day or night and I backpack several times yearly . I feel great . I often joke when asked how I feel , If uncle Sam knew how good I feel at my age He would impose a feel good tax on me !
 
 
 


No comments: