Photographer

Photographer
Looking at Morro Bay from Cerro Alto

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness
click image for my fine art and photos

Friday, November 23, 2012

Rainy season is here !
 

I know I don't look happy in the rain but I really do enjoy getting wet and I hike daily -- rain or shine . The rain offers different trail adventures as it brings out more wild life . Since there is less human traffic , the animals become bolder and use the trails more during the day . I have seen turkeys , salamanders , deer , and even cats appear on the trail during the rain . Tracking is fun when the ground is wet as you can easily determine the age of the tracks during the rain . I have seen cougar tracks on top other hiker tracks that I have met on the trail . I have even seen cat tracks on top of my own tracks !
 
cat track

 
cat track
c
 




 
coyote track above
dog track above
 
I took the above photo in the rain after passing another hiker who had left the fading boot track
underneath the cat track . The other hiker and I were the only other people on the mountain hiking
in the rain . we were passing each other whie walking in the opposite direction . It was raining
very heavy and his tracks were fading fast so as you can see a cat was following him and this a
common occurrence as wild life love to track humans .
The above shot was made at
Cerro Alto Just after a light rain fall at the Sweet Water Mine
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: