Photographer

Photographer
Looking at Morro Bay from Cerro Alto

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness

Joe in the Ventana Wilderness
click image for my fine art and photos

Sunday, January 22, 2012

surprise on Cerro Alto





Sunday , January 22 at approximately 4:30 pm , while talking to a regular hiker near the summit of Cerro Alto , I heard a voice call Grandpa , I looked down the trail to see my grandson Matt and his wife Megan coming up the trail . My heart exploded as this is the first time I have seen them here on my mountain .





a few weeks ago I hiked with Matt 's brother and my great grandson ( 7 years old ) Noah and we made it to the summit 1600 ft elevation gain , how proud I was !!





Last year I backpacked the Sierras with Matt , another milestone in my life .





My Son Luis an veteran ultimarathon runner finished his 10 th 100 mile " Hurt Race in Hawaii " . Things can't get better in a old mans life !! Note that my son Luis is a well sponsored vet of the ultra trail racing scene !





Cerro Alto lcated between Atascadero and Morro Bay Calif .

No comments: